Sunday, May 30, 2010

Player Profile Number 5: Arjen Robben

Arjen Robben of the Netherlands is my player profile from Group E.

Every single game I have watched Robben play I have been impressed. He always appears to have such time on the ball. He is an exciting player and a very adept winger. He creates opportunities for his team mates and has scored many very high quality goals. In a team that has so many good players Robben continually stands out for me and if the Netherlands are to win their first ever world cup they will need this man at the top of his game.

Whether it be for Groningen, PSV, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or the Netherlands Robben never fails to excite. This season particularly he is in excellent goalscoring form. He also won the title of footballer of the year in Germany on 25 May 2010. My only criticism of him is that he appears to be a bit of a diver. I can't imagine the World Cup featuring no simulation for Robben, and when it does occur, it will be interesting to see if it wins his side freekicks or if he will get booked.

No comments: